Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ganache Covered Peanut Butter Frosting

... the name is a work in progress, anyone have any better name ideas? I wanted to name this "Justin's Favorite Peanut Butter Frosting with Carrie's Favorite Ganache" but that seemed a bit long! One of my husband's co-workers said to him "your wife is trying to kill you", because by now you should realize that I make my hubby chocolate peanut butter treats almost every week. However, this peanut butter frosting is the best yet! Justin didn't like the cream cheese in Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer Cake and I didn't like the shortening in the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupakes (I don't like cooking with shortening or corn syrup... it makes me feel like a bad mom/wife)! This frosting was fluffy and yum-diddly-umptious! There was a little extra left over and Justin wouldn't let me throw it away, he wanted to save it to eat on a chocolate bar later (he's going to paddle me for sharing that)! I've used this ganache before and it's always perfect! When melted you can easily dip and pour but it stiffens up after an hour and has a nice glossy look!

Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 1/2 cups confectioners/powered sugar
Ganache Ingredients
1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk

Peanut Butter Frosting Directions
In a large mixing bowl mix together the butter, peanut butter, and powered sugar. When it's mixed well it's ready to pipe onto a chocolate cake or cupcakes. This made enough for me to frost 16 cupcakes.
Ganache Directions
In a tall cup or bowl (I use a 2-cup measuring cup) add the milk and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals stirring after each cycle until it's melted. Mine is usually melted and ready to go after 3 cycles (1 minute 30 seconds).

11 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

HOLY COW, do these look delicious!!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I think my waist just expanded an few inches from looking at the pics! Yum!

Laura said...

Oh, my! Those look like brown topper ice cream cones. Too yummy!

Donna-FFW said...

Hi .. Nice to meet you.. these look out of this world delicious! Love your blog. I am going to make the marshmallow dip for my children today. Great idea:)

Sweet Cheeks said...

Oh my gosh that looks sinful!

The Food Librarian said...

Must make. It's just that simple.

Unknown said...

Your hi hats are AWESOME!!! You did a great job covering the frosting with the chocolate. I have the hardest time when I dip mine in the chocolate. I have even had the frosting fall into the chocolate. I notice you have made Peanut Butter frosting with cream cheese and butter, do you like one more than the other?

Carrie said...

Rhonda, if we were to pick a favorite peanut butter frosting it would be the frosting I used with these cupcakes.
It was better than the cream cheese peanut butter frosting I used with the cake.

AnickH said...

Oh my beautiful!!! THose are so amazing I cant wait to make those

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as nice post. Particularly the designation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.