Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Easy Clam Chowder

At work we were talking about Lent recipes, during Lent you abstain from eating meat on Fridays. Jen shared this easy chowder recipe, she is a great teacher (and the cutest gal I've ever seen)! Since seafood and eggs aren't considered meats this would be a great recipe to make on Friday! Jen substituted frozen scallops instead of the clams but I chose to stick to the recipe. I will warn you... the canned clams will stink up your house! The clams raised such a stink that no one would try the soup but me, lol! I thought it was delicious though! Sure it wasn't as good as the fancy clam chowder that you would get in New England but it's worlds better than the canned versions (or the version I had at Ihop, just say no)! The leftovers were delicious as well!

Ingredients
2 cans clams, undrained
1 pound small cooked shrimp (I used frozen but you can use canned, or substitute fish)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons minced or dried onion
1 cup half & half
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cup celery
1 teaspoon creole seasoning (I used cajun because I couldn't find creole)
8 ounces frozen corn (I omitted)

Directions
Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients except shrimp, mix well. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours. Add shrimp and cook an additional 15 minutes or so, to heat through.

2 comments:

Judy said...

This looks wonderful and easy to make. I will have to try it. I wanted to tell you I have made your corkscrew pasta twice already. We love it. The first time I left out the cheese and it was so good. The next time I added radishes, onion, and cheese and we liked it just as well. I am so glad I found your blog.

Latte Lady said...

Hi Carrie! I made the chicken and it was a big hit. I am excited to see what other recipes you post.