Saturday, March 14, 2009

Green Chile and Rice Casserole

The boys and I are off all next week for spring break, yay!! I have been emailing myself so many recipes to make over spring break that my gmail started putting them into a junk folder. No joke! Gmail thought I was getting spammed I was sending myself so many emails, lol! We eat rice all the time as a dinner side dish, probably more than we eat potatoes. In fact, the 3 kitchen appliances I use most often are my Presto Salad Shooter, KitchenAid Mixer, and Black and Decker Rice Cooker. We love plain white rice but it gets boring night after night so this Green Chile Rice is a great way to spice it up (don't worry it isn't spicy just flavorful). It would also make a great potluck side dish!

Ingredients
16 ounces (1 pound) white or brown rice
1 1/2 cup sour cream
2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Cook the rice according to the directions on the package (I cooked mine in my rice cooker of course). In a large mixing bowl combine the sour cream, green chiles, cheese, and salt; stir in the cooked rice. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and pour in the rice mixture. Cover with foil and cook at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

5 comments:

suz said...

I think I may have to make this very, very soon!

Coleens Recipes said...

This is like a match made in heaven for me.......so simple yet packed with my favorite flavors.

Anonymous said...

Carrie- is this a lent recipe? I had a boyfriend make it 3 years ago and i loved it but I couldn't find the recipe! You have made my day! :) Thanks!

Kathy said...

We had this tonight with your cilantro lime chicken! Both very good! The rice dish had the same flavors that go into the tortilla roll-ups or tortilla pinwheels. Yum!

muebles jaen said...

So, I don't actually believe this will have effect.