Saturday, March 28, 2009

Easy Chili

Their predicting a couple inches of snow today so we needed some chili! Have you ever looked at chili recipes before? Good grief, I couldn't find one that was less that 10 ingredients. It's crazy! So I made this basic chili recipe, it isn't spicy man chili but we liked it. It was wonderful with our sweet cornbread! I am bummed that it's snowing over the weekend, I am a teacher so I wish I could have gotten a snow day out of it!

Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning salt
4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid

Directions
Combine the ground beef, onion, and garlic in large stockpot. Cook and stir over medium heat until beef is brown and drain. Stir in chili powder, seasoning salt, tomatoes, and tomato sauce; break up tomatoes while stirring. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour. Stir in beans and simmer for another 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Chili & corn bread on a snowy day .....Ahhhhhhhhh, perfect!

SUGAMAMA'S CAFE' said...

Oh My Oh My.. I have to make those cupcakes I have to have to have to make those Chocolate/ Peanut Butter cupcakes might be the greatest thing I ever saw!!!! Oh yeah sorry the chili looks yummy warm and perfect TOO!