Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Cornbread

The school I used to work at made the best cornbread, it was sweet and satisfying! So, before I left I got the recipe from the lunch lady, she said it was yellow cake mix combined with the cornbread mix. The first time I made it I only used 1 box of cornbread mix and it was too cake like so this time I used 2 cornbread mixes and it was perfect! I served it with dinner but we snacked on the cornbread all evening long!

Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix (with the oil, eggs, and water needed to prepare it)
2 Jiffy cornbread mixes (with the oil, eggs, and water needed to prepare it)

Directions
Prepare the yellow cake and cornbread mixes together (in the same bowl) according to the directions on the boxes. There's a lot of batter so you will want to bake it in two dishes. I baked mine in a 9x13 and a 8x8 baking dish and it worked great! You will want to spray the baking dishes with a cooking spray or the cornbread will stick when you try to serve it.

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I LOVE sweet corn bread, this looks So good.

Sweet Cheeks said...

That sounds so good, I love, love cornbread!

Netts Nook said...

I made this before but mine has never looked as good as your love cornbread.