Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

I don't know what happened to the picture, maybe I had too many lights on but I promise the pork chops didn't come out looking as pink and gray as it looks in the picture. I found this recipe on Picky Palate and thought it looked interesting. I am so glad I tried it, it was terrific! The flavors went together perfectly when you had some mashed potatoes, pork chop, and gravy on your fork! I am adding this to our staple dinner’s rotation! The gravy that's left in the crock pot is a bit thin but very flavorful. You could thicken it with cornstarch if you want but we didn't. This was such a wonderful relaxing weekend; I wish it wasn't over :-(

Ingredients
6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
5 tablespoons real butter
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic (click for directions how to roast garlic)
1/2-1 cup milk
1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste

Directions
Place pork chops, ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consitency.
Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Latte Lady said...

I just started reading your blog and I will be coming back! I already found a recipe to try this week! Keep up the good work!