Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

My cousin Jamie gave me this recipe with the instructions "it MUST be served over ice cream". Well, Abbott eats ice cream like it's going out of style. If I buy a carton of ice cream at the store he will devour it in days. So we usually don't have ice cream but we ate this cake with whipped cream and it was good! It was reminiscent of my dad's Wacky Cake. I like that it uses ingredients that I always have on hand!

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons Hershey's cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Topping
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
1 1/4 cups hot water

Directions
Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
Pour batter into ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together the brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top; do not stir.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I can see my boys devouring this, it's always great to have recipes to use what you have on hand!

Coleens Recipes said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!

Kathy said...

mmmmm, I love Hot Fudge!!!

Jasmine Faith said...

I always have this on my birthday since its in the middle of winter. it's warm and its nice to have, especially if its snowing outside!!! Love you Carrie, Justin, and boys!

Colleen said...

My mom made this cake one time when I was little and I have always remembered it. I have never been able to find the recipe and thanks to you I can now make it for my kids. Carrie you are the best not only at work but at home too!!!

Colleen

Kathy said...

I left an award for you on my blog! Have a great day!!!

teresa said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and this chocolate pudding has my mouth WATERING! Your recipes look wonderful!

Judy said...

I love this cake. I used to have the recipe but have misplaced it somewhere. I will definitely make it now that you have posted it. Makes me hungry to look at it!

Anonymous said...

cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.