Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Asian Meat Marinade

I am addicted to ginger and garlic, so it's no surprise that I like this marinade. Before Chad gave us our steak lesson I used to marinate our steaks and chicken in this marinade. I know I am breaking some sort of cross-contamination rule but I put the steaks and chicken in the same bag to marinate and then grill the meat. It makes it easier because we can't have steak in this house without cooking chicken as well (for the non-steak eaters). Justin's lucky I cater to dietary requests at all... he's been ornery lately, embarrassing our children every chance he gets. We were in the diaper isle at Walmart and Abbott secretly pointed and giggled at the "Boudreaux's Butt Paste" and Justin loudly announces "What's wrong Abbott, you don't like butt paste? I love butt paste". It was funny to see Abbott fast and furiously try to hush his father. Poor Abbott...

Ingredients
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 clove garlic minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced

Directions
Mix ingredients together in a Ziploc bag and marinate meat for 1-8 hours in the refrigerator prior to cooking meat.

5 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

That sounds like a delicious marinade. I love all the flavors!

Judy said...

I marinade meat a lot. This sounds good and like you I love ginger. Have a great Easter.

Coleens Recipes said...

This marinade sounds wonderful, just in time for spring grilling.

Sophie said...

This marinade sounds great, I bet it would even work on tofu. Yum!

www.la-rioja-3d.com said...

To my mind every person ought to browse on it.