Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

Today was a wake up call that the cozy days of winter are over and summer is almost here. In class my students reminded me that there are only 4 weeks left in school, which doesn’t work very well with the 6 weeks worth of activities I have planned, yikes! It’s amazing how quickly time passes as I get older, a month will fly by in what I could have sworn was a week. Even scarier is that a year seems to go by as fast as a month used to seem. I feel like I just got to know my students and now it’s time for them to leave me, it’s sad! So we needed some comfort food and this chicken parmesan didn’t disappoint. There’s nothing like a dinner full of carbohydrates and tryptophan to sooth away stress, hehe!

Ingredients
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 jar marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Spaghetti noodles (boil them while the chicken is cooking and serve them with the chicken parmesan)

Directions
Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Rinse chicken breasts and dunk in the beaten egg, then cover with bread crumb mixture. Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with marinara sauce and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then add the Mozzarella and cook for five more minutes.

4 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Oh my goodness, this has "weekend" written all over it!! Thank you.

Sweet Cheeks said...

mmmm that looks good!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Chicken Parmesan is such a wonderful comfort food. It's one of my favorite meals. :)

Kristen said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and you have me hooked with your first post, I was dreaming of chicken parm just last night :o)