Sunday, April 19, 2009

French Toast

I love french toast! A couple times a month I cook what we call "big breakfast", which is whatever anyone wants (usually french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs). There is nothing better than a humongous breakfast, it stays with you all day long! No seriously... the smell stays with me all day long; Justin will snuggle with me a little closer that evening because I still smell like bacon. I have loved this french toast since I was a little girl, I don't need any maple syrup just lots of powdered sugar!

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup milk
6 slices of bread
1 tablespoon butter or non-stick cooking spray

Directions
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with non-stick spray or melt a little butter. Beat together the milk and eggs. Dip the bread slices in egg mixture on each side until thoroughly coated. Place the soaked bread in the skillet and cook bread until both sides are lightly browned and crisp. Serve hot and smother with powdered sugar!

4 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

Your breakfast photo looks SO inviting!! I love breakfasts like that. I use the same basic French toast recipe that you do, except I also add a little vanilla and cinnamon to the eggs mixture. Yum Yum.

Donna-FFW said...

I would love to be at your house for breakfast.. this dish looks so very delicious , all of it, I am now craving french toast.

Judy said...

Breakfast is my favorite meal. I bet my grandson would love this french toast. I am going to try him on this recipe!

Jamie said...

I, too, add some vanilla and cinnamon like Coleen said. However, my family likes me to use Texas toast for the bread. It makes bigger French toast slices and somehow makes it seem more special!