Sunday, February 28, 2010

200th Blog Post!!

I can't believe this is my 200th blog post! I had so much fun recapping our favorites in my 100th Blog Post I had to do it again! This last year has been busy, I can't believe I've even had time to cook! The older my boys get the busier they become with friends, activities, and sports. This is also my 5th year teaching with my school district and Justin's 8th year working with his company (4th year as a manager) and it seems we gain more responsibilities with every year that goes by. We work more but sleep less, cook less, exercise less, see each other less... it's exhausting (and depressing). I can honestly say the one time we get to see each other and talk is when we eat breakfast and dinner. We have a strict "eat at the kitchen table together" policy when it comes to breakfast and dinner time. Even if we grab food on the go while driving we turn the radio off in the car and eat and talk. It's our time together as a family and it's very important to me.
The look of my blog changed again this year from the purple tiled background... to the new green background... I am so lucky to have a techo-savvy husband with mad Photoshop skills, he creates the best blog layouts for me!

Justin's pick-
Chad's Sesame Ginger Grilled Chicken Salad
Justin had a really hard time picking a favorite, he really wanted to pick his Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder that he picked as his favorite 100th blog post recipe. After much deliberation he picked his brother's salad. This really is an exceptional salad! This salad helped Justin broaden his horizons. He now eats salads with things like eggs, avacados, and tomatoes... things he NEVER would have eaten on a salad a year ago. This salad sparked Justin's new found love for salads, I am eternally grateful Chad!

Carrie's pick-
Mom's Chicken Tetrazzini
For my 100th blog post I listed my favorite as my Grandma's Chicken and Noodles and then here I am at 200th blog post and my favorite is my Mom's Chicken Tetrazzini! I love those comfort food recipes I grew up on! Chicken Tetrazzini is my absolute favorite, this was an easy choice! I LOVE making it on a Sunday and eating the leftovers all week long!

Andrew's pick-
Szechuan Shrimp
Hot sauce flows through A
ndrew's blood. We always get on to him for eating condiments as snacks, he likes to drinks packets of Taco Bell hot sauce and Cholula hot sauce. He's crazy! This SPICY Szechuan Shrimp wasn't a hit with the family but Andrew loved it!

Abbott's pick-
Easy Noodle Soup
Abbott loves comfort food! If we need to pick up a quick dinner Abbott always asks for
Kentucky Fried Chicken. If I ask him what he wants me to make for dinner he will ask for mashed potatoes and gravy or this noodle soup... he actually calls it "fat noodle soup" because the noodles are plump and delicious! This soup is good but I LOVE that it only takes 20 minutes to cook!

Family Favorite Dinner
Beefy Bean Burritos
These burritos are quick, easy, and filling! It's hard to find a dinner everyone will happily eat but this is a winner at our house! The best part is that they're just as good reheated! We store all the extra burritos in a ziploc and fight over them the next day!

Family Favorite Breakfast
Cheese Omelets
Like I said before it's important to me that we eat breakfast together each morning, I make these for weekday breakfasts all the time. It only takes me 10 minutes to whip out 4 cheese omelets and they're great! I never knew how to roll an omelet before I made these, our world is forever changed for the better!

Family Favorite Dessert
Soft Sugar Cookies
These cookies are melt in your mouth delicious! They are exactly like the Lofthouse cookies you can buy at the supermarket, but those cookies are $3 a dozen and these are around $5 for 4 dozen! They're fairly easy to make and a HUGE success with our family and friends!

Family Favorite Quick and Easy
Cherry Dump Cake
I know this is a dessert as well, but we've been known to eat this for breakfast and snacks too ,-) This recipe is ridiculously easy and SO GOOD!



So, as of today my blog has had 49,115 visitors. That's incredible! I've learned so much these last 4 years, I can't wait to see what recipes I find in the next 100 posts... maybe I'll even conquer yeast!

17 comments:

Chef Aimee said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! Cheers to 200 more!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Carrie! :O)

Your list made me laugh -- especially the part about y'all getting onto your son for drinking hot sauce. LOL

I'm the same way about yeast. Just a bit freaked out by it. But I'm going to conquer it with some awesome cinnamon rolls. Once I get off this 30 day sweets fast that I start tomorrow.

Have a wonderful week my friend!

Lisa

ann low said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! Keep going!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Congratulations on 200 posts! I look forward to 200 more!

Sweet Cheeks said...

Hoooorayyyy! That is awesome! I love the recap. Isn't that one of the coolest things to be able to go back and have records of what you were eating.

Yeah for you!!

Tluxe said...

Hey there,

We have been reading the articles on your http://cookingwithcarrie.blogspot.com/
and are very impressed with the quality of your information.

We have a team of copywriters who specialize in writing articles on various topics and would like to write an original article for you to use on your website – this article will not be used anywhere else on the Internet.

In exchange all we ask is that we can have one or two links within the body of the article back to one of our sites.
If you are interested in having us write an article for your website please just let me know and we would be more than happy to have one written for you within two weeks.

Kind regards,
Papia

Coleens Recipes said...

Congratulations on 200 posts, it is not an easy achievement. You have such a wonderfully cheerful blog, I enjoy my daily visits.

Michele said...

Congratulations Carrie! Looking forward to 200 more!

Kim said...

Congrats on 200 posts! I enjoyed reading through all of your family favorites:D

teresa said...

congrats on your 200th! i hope there are many many more. fun review!

Natalie said...

congrats! you have so many great recipes...and I love that little heading at the top with the cupcake balloons :)

looking forward to many more posts!

Heidi said...

I love your list!! I can't wait to see the next 100 posts :)

Katy ~ said...

Congratulations on your 200th post. That's a lot of cooking.

I have to try those cookies!!

Looking forward to the next 100.

Hugs!

Marianna said...

Congratulations Carrie!! Looking forward to 200 more!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on 200 posts...that's wonderful! I love all your pics....

The Food Librarian said...

Congrats on 200 posts and all the success and happiness in your life! I enjoy reading your blog...don't get to comment as often as I want, but I am reading! Looking forward to 100 more posts! - mary the food librarian

Ali said...

Oh boy, I'm late on this one, I just now am getting caught on blogs. Congrats on 200 posts!! :)