Monday, July 6, 2009

Szechuan Shrimp

This was an easy recipe that Andrew made all by himself! We really enjoy shrimp, but this was a little too spicy for my taste. At dinner Abbott said "Mom, I think you are an edgetarian". I thought he was trying to say "vegetarian" so I asked him what it meant. He said "you know when you are just at the edge of the cliff before you go over". Ha! I guess he really was trying to call me an "edgetarian". I have no idea what he was implying?! Maybe it's because I've been stressed today so that's his way of telling me I am about to go off the deep end, lol!

Ingredients
12 ounces large shrimp, tails removed
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup green onions, sliced (we omitted this)
4 garlic cloves, minced

Directions
In a small bowl mix together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper flakes and ginger. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and toss to coat with oil. Pour in sauce. Heat while sitting until sauce is thick and bubbly.

8 comments:

Marianna said...

It looks delicious I can't wait to try it. Great Job Andrew!!

Donna-FFW said...

Andrew did a fantastic job. What a wonderful cook.. the dish looks absolutely delicious.

Creative Classroom Core said...

I so love seeing kids in the kitchen! Fantastic!

Katy ~ said...

I would really enjoy this dish! Sounds so good. Andrew did very well indeed! Love to see young people in the kitchen. You're sharing knowledge and giving them skills that will follow them follow them all of their lives. Plus, some lucky wife is going to be blessing his MOM for showing him the kitchen!!!!

Coleens Recipes said...

What handsome boys.

Melody said...

Your son made that? Looks awesome!

Melissa said...

That looks yummy! What a good job he did. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Tina Butler said...

That looks so good and you have a helper as well. That is always a plus.