Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Anniversary Chicken

This is another Allrecipes recipe. It's been on my "to try" list for a LONG time but I never had the motivation to make it. I was worried that teriyaki and ranch wouldn't go together. However, teriyaki and ranch go together quite well, have no fear! My only complaint is that the chicken didn't have much flavor... crazy because the chicken is smothered in high calorie sauces and toppings, but it's pretty bland! There are tons of great reviews for this chicken on Allrecipes though, so maybe I'm being a complainer. I just had high hopes that it would be delicious and worthy of serving for an anniversary dinner, so I was disappointed. On a side note we are SUPER DUPER excited about the return of our favorite TV show Lost! This is the last season and unlike most shows out there the writers of Lost knew what the ending of the show would be before they even filmed the pilot episode. Lost is more like a movie than a TV show.... a 125 hour long AMAZING movie! I can't wait to see how it ends but I will savor every last second of the show!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits

Directions
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
Place browned chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Spoon on salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions and bacon bits. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

8 comments:

Victoria said...

I have a recipe for montery chicken. I have tweeked it to my liking but its chicken breast, bacon, cheese, and bbq sauce. I'll send it to you if you'd like, and show you my changes.

dining room tables said...

Wow! This is a nice chicken recipe. I would love to make this one. I also like the cheese that was added here.

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary Carrie! At least it looks good. :)

Coleens Recipes said...

Boy, it sure LOOKS good. Hard to imagine it being bland. Happy Anniversary Carrie!!

ann low said...

Happy Anniversary Carrie!

teresa said...

mmmm, i love all the flavors, especially that cheese! have a wonderful anniversary!

Barbara Bakes said...

That's too bad it wasn't flavorful enough for you. It looks like a great idea!

Katy ~ said...

Boo hiss on recipes that don't live up to its potential. After the time and ingredients, I loathe being disappointed. Well, not every recipe is a winner for every one. I'm sorry that this didn't work out for you (pulling a sad face here for you). When's your anniversary?