Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tuna Pasta Salad

I love cold tuna pasta salad but it smells up my house. I wish canned tuna didn't smell so bad, it tastes so good! I know this is lame, but I can't wait for fall so our TV shows are back. We've spent the summer watching Friends reruns, which happens to be the best TV show ever by the way!

Ingredients
12 ounces pasta shells or macaroni, cooked and drained
12 ounces canned tuna, drained
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup frozen green peas, cooked
1 1/2 cups Miracle Whip
Salt and pepper

Directions
Combine the cooked and drained pasta with the drained tuna, chopped celery, peas, and mayonnaise, using only enough mayonnaise for the salad to be creamy. Chill at least 1- 2 hours before serving.

11 comments:

ashsdelicacies.blogspot.ca said...

Yummy pasta...I loved the ingredients...will surely try this...thanks 4 sharing

Katy ~ said...

The pasta salad of my childhood. Brings back many memories! Good to see this posted.

Coleens Recipes said...

I agree about the smell of canned tuna. I switched entirely to the pouches. Your salad looks excellent.

Donna-FFW said...

I will have to try those pouches. Thanks for that tip.

Pasta salad sounds great.

Kristen said...

I don't know why I never thought of cold tuna with cold pasta as a salad before. I often make a warm tuna/pasta casserole - they are a natural fit!

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm looking forward to better TV too! Such a yummy easy pasta salad!

Pam said...

I haven't had tuna pasta salad for years - it looks great.

Palidor said...

Yeah, I agree about the smell of canned tuna. My cats, however, love the stinky smell!

Creative Classroom Core said...

Another great recipe!!!

On another subject - were you as happy as I was when Jeff won the coup de tat? I can't wait to see him use it!!!

Amber said...

This tuna pasta salad looks great! BTW-which shows are you waiting for to start? I'm like going crazy waiting for Desperate Housewives!

Sunflower Sue said...

I love tuna salad. We made it with onion, green olives and boiled eggs.

But yours sounds great I'll have to give it a try.