Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tomato Cucumber Salad

I love tomatoes and cucumbers! ... and broccoli, and mushrooms, and zucchini; Ok, I love most vegetables! This is a quick and easy salad, perfect for summer! I love cold raw vegetables in the summer, they are so refreshing!
Tomorrow we are heading to the lake for a couple days; our last hurrah before going back to work and school. I feel like I've worked the entire summer so it's a little sad going back to work. I really enjoy my job though, I can't wait to catch up with my students and co-workers!

Ingredients
1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
3-4 tomatoes, diced
1/8 cup oil
1/8 cup vinegar
Salt and pepper

Ingredients
Whisk the oil and vinegar until it emulsifies into a smooth sauce. Salt and pepper to taste and add the tomatoes and cucumbers. Personally, I like a lot of salt on my tomatoes. Store in the refrigerator, the salad is best chilled. I have a friend who adds a teaspoon of Dijon mustard to the sauce!

8 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I love this salad and practically live on it when my tomatoes and cucumbers are ready to pick. I also like the addition of chives.

Faiza Ali said...

I always love the combo of cucumber with tomatoes. looks very yummy and refreshing. Enjoy your break and have loads of fun dear :)

Donna-FFW said...

Perfect summer salad. Love cucumbers and tomatoes together and the viniagrette sounds lovely.

Katy ~ said...

This is one of my favorite combinations of all time for a salad!

Ann said...

Your blog is awesome and I am going to follow it.

Barbara Bakes said...

Such a simple, yet delicious side dish!

Faiza Ali said...

I have award and tag for you on my blog dear. Kindly accept it

Creative Classroom Core said...

I have a ton of cucumbers in my fridge right now - what a great way to use them!