Monday, January 26, 2009

Twilight Pie

This month's You Want Pies With That theme is "Literary Pie" chosen by Mary the Food Librarian (really, what did you expect from the Food Librarian?). So we had to bake a pie inspired by a book. Even though I am an avid reader this was too easy a decision for me! I knew I needed to make a pie inspired by the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer! Yes, I am obsessed with Twilight and so is my husband! We read them over and over again, they are truly magnificent books and I would suggest Twilight to anyone of any age or gender!
So for this Twilight Pie I used the Marshmallow Mermaid pie recipe (I thought the white cream with chocolate flakes would appear like the inside of an apple... white with black seeds), a mini graham cracker pie crust, red sprinkles, and a pretzel for the stem of the apple.
"Take care of my heart - I've left it with you"

15 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE IT!!! You are sooo cleaver! I must admit, I haven't read the book yet...the wait list is really long at the library. Great great pie!!

Kel Baking Life said...

I love it! I think this will be great to use as a filling also, like the hubby said! I will try for sure!

Jacque said...

That is such a popular book, but one I haven't read.

Great job, your "book cover" is so cute and creative.

It sounds delish!

doughmesstic said...

Great job! I considered a Twilight Pie, too - but I am glad I held off - I could have never topped yours!
Now back to thinking....agh.

Natalie said...

so cute, i love your version of the book cover!

Anonymous said...

I love it! The books are great. I just discovered them last summer, and read them all in about a week. Your pie is a great idea!

NKP said...

So creative! I especially love the book jacket. You did an amazing job.

Nichicakes said...

Props for not putting apple in the apple! Very creative chickie!

Kate said...

What a great pick! I love your take on the book cover!

Unknown said...

I've just finished Eclipse myself and need to read the last one. Love the pie; very pretty!!

Unknown said...

and the above comment is from me, gotta love forgetting to sign out of work email before posting ;)

suz said...

which would be this one. Geez, you think I can work a computer?

Anonymous said...

thats a great idea!

flytouch 3 said...

Quite worthwhile information, thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

What a great valentine treat! I am making this for my daughter who recently has fallen in love with the series and movie(s). Thanks and please keep sharing on Pinterest!