Monday, January 19, 2009

Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes

We really like scalloped potatoes, but we’ve only ever eaten the boxed kind (kind of pathetic, I know). So I searched online and found Tyler Florence’s Scallop Potatoes recipe, which I modified to fit the ingredients I had on hand. These potatoes were good but not what we are used to. We didn’t care for the parmesan flavor (to us it tasted like Alfredo potatoes); we really missed the usual cheddar flavor. So I think next time I will substitute cheddar cheese for the parmesan cheese.

Ingredients
2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 minced garlic cloves
1-2 tablespoons butter
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup gated parmesan

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. In a saucepan, heat cream with Italian seasoning, and garlic.
While cream is heating, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over potatoes. Top with some grated Parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.

No comments: