Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kandy Kakes

As I see recipes that look good I email them to Justin and myself; then before we go to the grocery store we pick out a couple new recipes from my list. Sure we have our staple meals but I try to mix in a couple new recipes each week, it keeps me excited about cooking! As Justin looks through my list of new recipes he always picks out anything with peanut butter and chocolate. I swear he has some kind of peanut butter and choco-holic disease! These Kandy Kakes caught his eye immediately! I’ve never heard of a Kandy Kakes before but from the little research I did on the internet it sounds like they are a snack cake sold at convenience stores on the east coast (I can’t criticize because I myself have an unhealthy love for convenience store Hostess SnoBalls). I didn’t have the large jelly roll pan suggested so mine are a little thick and brown on the edges but they were delicious! The cake wasn’t too sweet so the peanut butter and chocolate was perfect, not too rich.

Ingredients
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup scalded milk (2 1/2 mins in microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups flour
12 ounces creamy peanut butter
16 ounces milk chocolate

Directions
Beat together all ingredients but chocolate and peanut butter. Pour batter into greased and floured jelly roll pan (17x10 3/4). Bake 20-25 mins in preheated 350 degree oven. Spread peanut butter over hot cake. Refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate in double boiler. Spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate again until firm. Bring to room temperature and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Kel Baking Life said...

Oh my Goodness....whats up with the husbands? why they like peanut butter so much? Yesterday was my 3 years annyversary and I gave the hubby a bag of reeses pieces...His favorite Chocolate!! Love the cake...will try sometimes! You always do YUMIIIII stuff