Monday, December 15, 2008

Easy Mexican Quiche

There are a couple things I can’t cook.
  • Anything with yeast-I always mess up the rising process.

  • Fried foods- When I have a pot of oil on my stove I will start a grease fire, without fail (I’ve started like 3 so take my word for it).

  • Omelets and Crepes- I can’t figure out the flipping and folding.

So when we went to Colorado last year and Justin fell in love with a Mexican Omelet my heart ached because I knew I would never be able to reproduce it at home. However, I can cook a quiche so I got to thinking… I tinkered with the Bisquick quiche recipe, adding some Mexican flavors and it turned out great! Justin told me he was surprised how good it turned out (as if he has reason to doubt me, ha)! We all ate two slices and it was so easy I am already planning on having it again next week!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup Bisquick mix
1 (4 ounce) can of chopped green chiles
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon Cholula (or any hot sauce)

Directions
Heat oven to 400 and grease a 9-inch pie plate. In a large bowl wisk together milk and eggs, add bisquick and wisk until the large lumps are gone. Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into the pie plate. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve plain or with salsa (the pepper bellied boys liked the salsa, I liked it plain).

No comments: