Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I love oatmeal! We eat pre-packaged oatmeal all the time but in the assorted flavors box there are always those 2 packets of regular leftover. Usually I just mix in some maple syrup or brown sugar but since it’s fall I thought I’d get creative!

Ingredients
2 packets of plain instant or quick oats oatmeal
2/3 cup of boiling water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
Add boiling water to oatmeal and let it sit while you pull out all the other ingredients (about 2 minutes). Stir in the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Warm for a minute in the microwave and enjoy!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I have been wanting to create something like this, but haven't gottem around to it yet. Your recipe looks delish! I am going to give it a try, we love oatmeal!