Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mashed Faux-Tatoes

These mashed faux-tatoes look like mashed potatoes, taste like creamy rice, but it is really cauliflower!
... This was my opening line to my family but their response was "it smells terrible"! I admit that boiling cauliflower doesn't smell like roses but I thought it really did taste good! I quite liked these faux-tatoes! They couldn't ever substitute real mashed potatoes but they are great as a vegetable side dish!
I've been a reading fool this weekend! I read the Wake Trilogy Books by Lisa McMann in two days! Once I start a book (or book series) I just can't stop though! I've got a whole week full of boy's activities ahead of me though so I need a new book to read! Do you have any book suggestions?

Ingredients
2 pounds cauliflower, trimmed
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions
Boil cauliflower until soft. Mix cauliflower with rest of ingredients in blender or using a mixer. Cook on stove-top for 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Neat recipe!

mamtc said...

love the recipe. Love the idea and I can bet it tasted divine
Congrats on ur award