Friday, October 15, 2010

Taco Cups

After 30 years as a police officer and detective, my wonderful dad retired from the Blue Springs Police Department a few weeks ago! His career was so spectacular that September 17th is now "Troy Pharr Day" in the city of Blue Springs! He had a huge retirement bash at city hall, which was covered by a couple local papers...
Kansas City Star Article
Blue Springs Examiner Article
My mom asked my cousin and me to cater the party... yikes! So we made a few appetizers (stuffed strawberries, bruschetta, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, etc.) but the most popular appetizer were these Taco Cups! The boys enjoyed them so much that we had to make them again, they are so yummy!

Ingredients
Tostitos Scoops Chips
Seasoned Taco Meat
Shredded cheddar cheese
Salsa
Sour cream (put the sour cream in a pastry bag with an icing tip)
Sliced black olives, drained

Directions
Get a Tostitos Scoop, spoon on some taco meat (I used a melon baller spring scoop), spoon on some salsa, sprinkle on some cheese, use an icing tip and bag to pipe on the sour cream, and top with an olive slice!

These are so easy to make and the boys have a blast assembling them!
Gif Created on Make A Gif
This is Andrew making our Taco Cups (for my email readers, I think this animated picture will only work on my website).

9 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I am SO SO stealing this idea. My family will LOVE it!! Congrats to your dad, he sounds like quite a guy.

Donna-FFW said...

My children are taco fiends.. I also am stealing this from you!! GREAT idea thank you! Bookmarked totally!

Katy ~ said...

Oh my. I love this. I'm bring a couple of little things to a birthday bash this weekend. I wish I had seen this earlier because this would have gone over a storm! Totally terrific idea. Saving this idea for the next get together. Thanks Carrie. This looks great!

Heidi said...

How exciting for your dad! I know we've talked about it before, but this just reminds me how close we live from one another. You know I'm all about taco-ish recipes, so I LOVE this one. How have I not ever thought of it?

Julie said...

Congrats to your dad! I'm loving the idea of these taco cups too...yum!

Merut said...

These are such a great idea! I love how your son is helping out. They look delicious and simple. Thanks for sharing.

Krystal said...

I love this! What an awesome appetizer! I can't wait to make them.

Congrats to your dad! sounds like he had a great party!

-Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

The Food Librarian said...

Congrats to your dad! Love this idea for an appetizer! - mary

Kristen said...

what a great idea!