Monday, October 25, 2010

Margarita Chicken

This is going to be one of those years with my boys. We've already had way too many conversations with their teachers and Abbott's testing my laundry abilities by wearing the same outfit everyday for a month! Abbott wants to be a doctor so my parents bought him a set of scrubs for his birthday. He wants to wear them everyday so I have to sneak into his room to launder the outfit while he sleeps! This is my doctor... ...or as a girl in his class calls him, "nurse boy"! Being a mom is so stressful but thankfully my wonderful sister-in-law understands, she shared this hilarious video last week...


This video does a pretty good job of summing up my life! It's crazy!
However, the upside of Abbott's determination to wear his doctor outfit everyday is that I don't have to buy him a Halloween costume! Have you ever noticed that something weird happens on Halloween? I'm not talking ghosts and goblins... I'm talking about the weather! It feels like summer right up until Halloween blows in and it's frigid every day after! I won't be fooled this year though! It may have been 80 degrees today but I am on to you Halloween... I know this is the last week of warm weather so I wanted to slip one more summery recipe in before it's all soups and spiced breads!

Ingredients
5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic margarita mix, thawed (I used Bacardi)
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions
In a small bowl, combine the margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Pour 1 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours. Rotate half way through marinading. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Drain and discard marinade, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and grill or saute the chicken to cook. As the chicken cooks baste it with the the remaining marinade (that you covered and saved in your fridge).

4 comments:

Katy ~ said...

What a sketch! You make me smile BIG!

And your chicken recipe makes me smile, too. Boy, Carrie, does it sound really GOOD!

Natalie said...

haha too funny--glad you can maintain a sense of humor :)

I've seen this recipe before but haven't tried it yet; it sounds great!

Merut said...

Sorry about your kids - at least he has high aspirations! I've never used margarita mix in my cooking, what an intriguing idea.

Julie said...

Well, who could blame him, scrubs are comfy! Love the chicken...yum :)