Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Girlfriend Pie

We try to celebrate the small things, and I especially like to celebrate the boys "firsts" with pies! Last year I posted Andrew's First Concert Pie and Abbott's First Kiss Pie... both were delicious! Well, today Andrew got his first girlfriend! Her name's Kerri (pronounced Carrie, same as my name)! So we had to celebrate with a "First Girlfriend Pie"! Andrew and Kerri have been flirty with each other for awhile now. Last year Andrew told us a story about an indoor recess where Kerri leaned on him while talking to their friends. Andrew said the whole time Kerri was leaning on him he was thinking "...ok, this isn't awkward"! It was too cute because as Andrew told the story his body language perfectly described how awkward he must have felt.

So, Andrew says Kerri wrote him a note yesterday asking him if he liked her. Andrew wrote back admitting that he liked her and asked if she liked him, then Kerri wrote back saying that she liked him too! Andrew said Kerri's friends begged and pushed for him to ask her out, so today at lunch Andrew asked Kerri to be his girlfriend! She said yes! I knew I'd like this girl when Andrew said that Kerri asked if she could pick him up for Wednesday night youth group... she goes to youth group too?!! SCORE!

First girlfriends are special and it's something to celebrate! Justin's first girlfriend was Cheryl Hudson when he was in 5th grade. I can't remember who my first boyfriend was, I was more like Abbott... I think I had my first kiss before I had my first boyfriend. My first kiss was in 5th grade, we were on a God's Kids tour, playing truth or dare, and my cousin Brett Rains dared me to put a Spree candy in my mouth and for Nathan Evans to kiss me and get the candy. First's are so special because they can't ever be repeated! We don't ever remember who our second girlfriends or kisses were, just our first. There's a GREAT movie all about that first middle school girlfriend, it's called "Little Manhattan" and it's one of our favorites! If you haven't ever seen it you must rent it immediately... and make this pie to eat while you're watching it :-)

So, congratulations Andrew on having your first girlfriend! You are one step closer to becoming a man, and what an amazing young man you are. We are so proud! Your "First Girlfriend Pie" was outstanding! It was fluffy, smooth, and so rich! I can't wait to make this pie for you, your wife, and your family some day! It will always make me smile remembering the grin on your face as you beamed with the pleasure of having your first girlfriend!

Ingredients
9-inch deep dish pie crust, baked
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup water
1 (4 serving) package chocolate pudding mix (not instant)
1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large (16 ounce) tub of Cool Whip
Optional- Hot fudge topping

Directions
In large saucepan, combine condensed milk, water and pudding mix; mix well. Add chocolate and salt. Over medium heat, cook and stir rapidly until chocolate melts and mixture thickens (it won't thicken until it starts to boil). Remove from heat, whisk until smooth, and cool in the fridge. When it is thoroughly chilled, fold in Cool Whip and pour into prepared pie crust. Chill 4 hours until set. Use a pastry bag and tip to pipe on the hot fudge topping into a heart shape. Don't warm the hot fudge topping, it needs to be cool or room temperature to hold the shape of a heart.

18 comments:

mamtc said...

Congrats to Andrew and love the story and hats off to ur effort to celebrate every single occasion and make it a full occasion. Nice idea. I will bookmark ur pie , my twins are only 2.5 yrs old, and maybe after 10 yrs, I need this:)

Elle Belles Bows said...

Adorable story and congrats to Andrew! I think he has a keeper (my name is Kerri as well). Pie looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! Kerri

Coleens Recipes said...

Way to go Andrew!!! I really like the idea of celebrating with pies...how cute is that.

Merut said...

That is awesome that you are so supportive. I believe I did the whole constant note exchange. "Do you like me? Check yes or no and then put it in my locker please." He looks so happy!

teresa said...

aw that's cute, go andrew!

Mom said...

Well, I say, "Congratulations Kerri!" You're starting at the top! There's just no one better person than Andrew! I'm so happy for you Buddy! I love you! Granny

Jessie said...

Woohoo! :) Firsts are amazing! Way to go Andrew! Awesome pie recipe too!

Lisa said...

What a sweet way to celebrate such a momentous milestone. I enjoyed reading your cute story about the event.

Jessi @ Quirky Cookery said...

Aww, how sweet!

The Daily Smash said...

That is so cute and it looks so YUMMY . Love your blog. Check out my food blog at
www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Wonderful story, congrats to Andrew. Pie looks wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Oh my, that's too precious :) And the pie sounds like the perfect celebration!

Misty said...

That is such a cute story! How exciting :) and how great that he shares all those details with you!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Falling In Love Pie from the Waitress movie! I love that movie!
I also have a GREAT apple pie recipe I think you're going to love: http://thegirlwriter.blogspot.com/2011/02/non-traditional-apple-pie.html

farrahwedselvis said...

Hi- this is so cute. I was wondering what that rainbow colored dessert that is featured at the top of you home page- is that in this blog somewhere? Thanks

snealzgurl said...

I think that's the sweetest thing..Literally..LOL!! It shows you really support and care for your kids!

snealzgurl said...

That is so sweet, literally. And very supportive..Shows you really care about your kids :) They should be proud!

Elliott Broidy said...

Oh my goodness. Love this!