Monday, March 8, 2010

Manicotti

There will be no more complaining from me, I got a couple hours of much needed rest this weekend! We still had a busy weekend... Justin rearranged our bedroom and Andrew had a friend spend the night, but at least we got to stay home! I cracked open the windows (for the first time this year) and got some spring cleaning done! The house is clean and I'm caught up on laundry and dishes... did I mention this was a wonderful weekend?! :-)
I've been making this manicotti for over 10 years. I got the recipe from Justin's mom Trish, she even made it for Justin's brother Chad's wedding rehearsal dinner!

Ingredients
1 package manicotti noodles (14 pieces)
1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or dried Italian seasoning)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups (28 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
Extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Cool in single layer on foil. In large bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper; pipe into cooled pasta tubes (I put the cheese mixture in a ziploc, cut the corner off the ziploc and pipe the cheese into the noodles). Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish; arrange filled pasta in single layer over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over pasta; cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil; top with extra cheese if desired and bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

9 comments:

Kim said...

That is some good lookin' manicotti!

Lisa said...

Mmmmm...sounds great! And so easy, too!

Debbie said...

One of my favorites and yours looks delicious!

Together We Save said...

Yummy!! I can't wait to try this!!

Judy said...

Try grating just a bit of fresh nutmeg into the filling. It really adds something special, but you won't taste the nutmeg, I promise. It's an old Italian trick.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Carrie, your manicotti looks wonderful. I stopped by to say hello and stayed far longer than I planned.You have a lovely blog.I'll be back often to see what you are cooking up. Have a great day...Mary

Pam said...

Yum! This looks so delicious and would be perfect for dinner tonight! One of my favorite dishes! Thanks!

Katy ~ said...

LUUUVRE me manicotti! Just slide a couple of those over my way, please!

Chef Aimee said...

I once made the manicotti from scratch and it was laborious - I much prefer recipes like these! It looks delicious!