Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sausage Oven Pancake

I love McDonald's McGriddles, the combination of sweet and savory is delicious! However, the McGriddle has 560 calories and 32 grams of fat, holy cow! I saw this recipe on Real Mom Kitchen's Blog and thought it looked like the perfect alternative to the McDonald's McGriddle! To cut calories/fat even more I didn't use real sausage, I used MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties... it was fantastic!! Seriously, we loved this breakfast and it really did satisfy that McGriddle craving!

These are the ingredients/directions for my modified version of Real Mom Kitchen's Sausage Oven Pancake, you should check out her original recipe though. I am sure real sausage would taste better but I don't want the extra calories/fat so I will stick to my veggie patties ,-)

Ingredients
1 package of MorningStar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties
3/4 cup Velveeta cheese shreds
3/4 cup pancake mix
1/4 cup water
1 egg
2 tablespoons maple syrup

Directions
Spray a round 8-inch pan (or pie plate) with non-stick spray. Lay the frozen veggie sausage patties in the pan. Sprinkle cheese over the sausage. In a bowl stir together the pancake mix, water, egg, and maple syrup and pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Cut and serve, I drizzled a little more maple syrup on top of mine!

14 comments:

Palidor said...

Although I'm not a fan of meat + syrup, I have to say that it does look really tasty.

Unknown said...

We do a very similar breakfast- cornbread, apple slices, and sausage. Layer them in and cook as per the cornbread instructions! YUM! Brian calls it SAC breakfast!

ann low said...

WOW! I love this..Mmmm Yummy!

Karine said...

Great healthy substitution! Thanks for sharing :)

Katy ~ said...

I'm not a huge sausage fan, a bit goes a long ways, so I am pleased about your substitution. This would be a nice breakfast to serve when we have company for breakfast. Well done!!

teresa said...

what a fun way to eat breakfast, i love this!

Juliana said...

Oh! This sausage pancake looks delicious, will plan for one of this weekend...love the idea of the simplicity and tasty...yummie!

Maria said...

My hubs would love this!

Barbara Bakes said...

This sounds easy and delicious!

Donna-FFW said...

I think this sounds like a great breakfast idea!! Perfect with the maple syrup.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This is a great breakfast.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This is a great breakfast.

kamagra jelly said...

I love McDonald's McGriddles too! I think that this kind of food is the bets one in the world, In every restaurant I use to ask for "Sausage Oven Pancake" because it is my favorite!22dd

www.cantabria-3d.com said...

So, I don't actually believe this will have effect.