Saturday, September 13, 2008

Colleen’s Marshmallow Popcorn Squares

Yeah, the fall TV shows are starting up again! How I Met Your Mother, Hero’s, The Office, oh my! This is a quick easy weeknight dessert (perfect for TV show watching) that came from Colleen at work. She made it for Shalee’s Birthday, they are both sweet as can be and I am so glad I get to work with them!

Ingredients
2 bags regular sized bags of natural microwave popcorn
1 bag of miniature marshmallows
1 stick of butter
1 medium bag of peanut (or regular) M&Ms

Directions
Pop the popcorn in the microwave and set aside. In a large pot melt the butter and marshmallows on the stove. When it’s all melted take it off the heat and stir in the popcorn. Sprinkle in the M&Ms when the popcorn is all covered with the marshmallow mixture. Lightly press into a buttered pan (Colleen used an angel food cake pan and it looked really cute, but I don’t have that pan so I used a 9x13). Let cool and serve!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you use one bag of large or minature marshmellows?

Carrie said...

I used a bag of miniature marshmallows, I didn't realize I left that off the ingredients! Thanks for letting me know :-)