Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Aunt Mina’s Cheese Blitz

My aunt Mina brought these to a family breakfast last year and I have remembered them ever since! Even though they are called b-l-i-t-z I always pronounce it as b-l-i-n-t-z! I pronounce it like that because I add an “n” when reading it, how weird is that? I often add/delete letters when I read, it’s bizarre! I was surprised when I saw the Harry Potter movie because the way I read their names and the way they were pronounced couldn’t have been more different. Again I was adding and deleting letters in my head. Here’s something to think about…

Acocdrnig to a reschearer at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

… Alright, now back to the recipe you’ve all been waiting so patiently for!

Ingredients
2 loaves white bread (I only used 1 loaf and cut each roll in 1/2)
1 - 8 ounce cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cinnamon and sugar

Directions
Cut crust off of bread slices. Roll bread flat with rolling pin. Mix together cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture on flattened bread slices and roll up. Dip into melted butter and then roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture. You can freeze if you don't need to bake right away.
Bake 30 minutes / 350 degrees if frozen.
Bake 15 minutes / 350 degrees if not frozen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom always made these for Christmas Breakfast. And now, I make them. What I can't do, is hold on to a recipe, so thanks for posting this!

flytouch 3 said...

Goodness, there's a great deal of useful info in this post!