Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easy Black Forest Cake

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post, I am anxious for school to get out so I have time to cook again! I love summer cooking with all the fruits and veggies from the Farmer's Market, it is complete bliss!
My baby learned to ride his bike tonight, he didn't even use training wheels! I can't believe how fast my boys are growing up!

Ingredients
1 chocolate cake mix (with the oil and eggs needed for preparation)
2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup

Directions
Prepare the chocolate cake according to the directions on package. Drizzle the chocolate syrup over the cake, then spoon the cherry pie filling over the cake. To make the whipped cream you will beat the cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Finish off the cake by topping it with the whipped cream!

5 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Carrie.. This looks absolutely delicious! LOVE chocolate/cherry combo! Keeper recipe for sure!

Kristen said...

Bloack Forest is a fave around here - what a simple way to make it!

Judy said...

This looks quick and easy and so good! I am sure we will like this one. I am ready for the Farmer's Market to open here, too! I love all the fresh veggies.

Coleens Recipes said...

This looks SO easy and delicious. I've been thinking a lot about brownies lately, I would think it would work (black forest brownies?). LOL

muebles en ciudad real said...

Wow, there is really much worthwhile info here!