Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spaghetti a la Philly

I was glancing through Kraft's website because I had some extra Philadelphia Cream Cheese and saw this recipe! The concept is simple... adding cream cheese to your favorite spaghetti and meat sauce. However, the result is surprisingly good! It gives this creamy lasagna-like quality to the spaghetti. I am not a huge spaghetti lover but we eat lots of spaghetti at my house; it's cheap and easy so we end up eating it once a week. I LOVE this twist!

Ingredients
1 large jar spaghetti sauce
8 ounces spaghetti noodles
1 pound ground beef (I sprinkle some Italian seasonings and garlic in my beef)
8 ounces cream cheese
Sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, optional

Directions
Cook the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. I like to season my meat with a teaspoon of Italian seasonings and garlic but you don't have to. Pour off any fat. Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat. Cut the cream cheese into chucks and add it to the red sauce. Stir the cream cheese into the red sauce over medium-low heat until it's completely incorporated. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhhh, that looks delicious!

Katy ~ said...

Carrie, this looks FANTASTIC! Oh my gosh. You know that I will be doing this!

And guess what. Finally got a whole roaster chicken this weekend....

Hugs!

Marianna said...

That looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it.

Donna-FFW said...

What a unique twist to make a wole new meal out of a traditional one! Nice!

Heidi said...

I saw this on Mommy's Kitchen too and this looks wonderful. I'm almost afraid to try it!!! Who would have thought to put cream cheese in spaghetti?

Reeni said...

What a decadent idea! I bet it richens it up and makes it nice and creamy. Came over from Katy's site to say hi. Love your recipes!

scorder said...

Cream cheese works really well in a garlic butter wine sauce too. Thanks for the post Carrie.

Jennie said...

Good tip! I'm a spaghetti lover, but Hubby not so much. I'll have to give this a go and see what he thinks :)

Kim said...

I love this recipe! I always have cream cheese on hand and can imagine that this is a great addition to spaghetti. I bet it was creamy deliciousness!!

Juliana said...

What a great idea...cream cheese in the sauce. Looks so creamy and tasty, yummie!

Tamz said...

That looks really good.. *drool* nice job posting this. I'll have to try

(I'm a new reader.. first poster :D)

Anonymous said...

i'm new... promise to post round more time after time!

Ty of Male Enhancement Pills said...

Wow... Looks delicious and healthy as well...