Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Savory Chicken Breasts

I found this recipe on Allrecipes, I've always liked that website and how guests rate recipes... this recipe was 4 1/2 stars (out of 5 stars) with 379 ratings, so I thought I would give it a try! It was super easy and turned out really good! I will definitely make it again! It's a great weeknight dinner!!
So, why am I posting so late at night? Because I took a nap, grr! Don't get my wrong, I LOVE naps... but taking just a quick nap when I get home from work will keep me up for hours past my bedtime. Thus, I try to avoid taking naps so I don't throw my sleep schedule off. Today I just couldn't resist napping! My wonderful friends took me out to lunch for my birthday (we went to Ingredient) and they brought chocolate cheesecake and strawberry shortcake for dessert! So, I came home, sprawled out on the couch (like a beached whale), and napped. Sigh...

Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Pepper to taste

Directions
Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Season with pepper and top each breast with a slice of cheese. Mix together the soup and milk and pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and drizzle with melted butter. It doesn't look like much right now but just you wait, it's magic in the making! Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown. When you serve, spoon a little of the sauce from the pan onto the chicken!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I really like allrecipes because you can read what other people say about a recipe and see what changes they have made to improve it. This chicken looks fabulous Carrie!

Lisa said...

Chicken + Easy = I'm making it! :)

Have a great day!!

Debbie said...

I also visit Allrecipes and have found countless wonderful recipes on that site. Your chicken looks great and sounds fairly simple to make. I will give this a try. Think my son would love it!

Coleens Recipes said...

How yummy!!! I love saucey chicken.

USA Magazines said...

Fabulously fresh recipes for every season.

The Old White Barn said...

This does look so creamy good! Thanks for stopping by on Rogue Cupcake Day (it actually was pretty funny!). Also - I'm trying your Cobb salad tomorrow. I've been looking forward to it all week.
Susan

teresa said...

that is a dang tasty lookin chicken! my family would go nuts for this.

i am the same way with naps. they are SO nice, but not so nice when you can't sleep at night!

Katy ~ said...

Happy Birthday my darling friend! Wishing you many many more!!

I'm an Allrecipes fan as well, and this recipe IS very good. I haven't made it in a while, but I surely should because we both liked it a lot. Big YUMS up.

Velva said...

This chicken dish does look really good. A perfect meal for a weeknight. Thanks for sharing.

Amedy said...

I love this recipe wanna try it looks delicious

Food additive said...

Do you use food additives in the food?