Monday, October 20, 2008

White Hot Chocolate

We've wanted to try white hot chocolate for awhile but when I went looking for recipes they all called for half and half or heavy whipping cream (or both, yikes) and if I am going to make this irresistible drink for my family so close to bedtime I needed it to be less fattening (yes, this coming for the woman who made an entire cake for her family yesterday). I decided I was just going to wing it and try a white hot chocolate recipe using our non-fat skim milk and white chocolate chips. It actually turned out fantastic! It was absolutely delicious! Try it!











Ingredients
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
whipped topping
blue sprinkles (because it makes me think of snowflakes, lol)

Directions
In a small sauce pan combine 1/4 cup milk and white chocolate chips. Heat over medium heat, whisking until chocolate melts. Stir in remaining milk and heat to warm. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped topping and sprinkles.

1 comment:

The Arandas said...

Holy Smokes, I love your website, I was googling how to make virgin pina coladas for my kiddos and found your website, I must say I am going to try every drink you have listed so far. Thanks for being such an amazing blogger so my family can benefit from it! I hope you don't mind, but I am going to bookmark you on my blog so I can easily use one of your amazing recipies again! I too am a teacher and am working on my M.S. so it was nice to relate, but I donn't know how you have time to blog, I feel exhausted, but maybe after school is done, thanks you are an inspiration! Thanks and keep on bloggin!